Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Family Culture

I am a die hard soccer fan. Once I moved to the U.S., I was always surprised when a soccer game would come one, or people did not even know that the World Cup was taken place! To this very day, my friends will ask me to hang out but if a soccer game is on...I will have to turn them down unless they can promise me they will put the game on. As they roll their eyes at me and complain about how can I possibly love soccer; I wonder to myself, "How can you not love soccer!" I've come to understand, I have my culture and my family to thank. Whenever there is a soccer game, from as long as I can remember, we have family gatherings with chicken wings, tacos, and for those of age a Corona beer. This is what soccer means to me: family, food, and the entertainment of the sport. Family, culture, traditions, and experiences truly shape who you are. People may never understand this factor until they have to experience a new culture and eventually acculturate.

No comments:

Post a Comment